Dress Professionally and Land the Job!
Guideline for Men’s Attire
- The most acceptable colors for men’s suits are black, dark blue, gray, and brown. Suits, including tie and dress shirt, should be properly tailored and dry cleaned.
- Always wear a white, cream, or blue shirt. Make sure the shirt is pressed.
- A silk tie makes the most powerful professional impression. Your tie should complement your suit and be conservative.
- Wear leather shoes in black or brown. Shoes should be shined and match your belt.
- Socks should be in a dark color and complement the suit. Don’t wear athletic socks.
- Accessories should be kept to a minimum; e.g., no more than one ring on each hand; a dress watch is appropriate.
- Cologne should be used in moderation – never too strong or overpowering. A fragrance may cause an allergic reaction or offend the interviewer. When in doubt, go without.